9/08/2006

Marky Mark Looked Jacked

Saw "Invincible" last night, hence the title. (Almost went Dirk Diggler, but seemed too much). Great movie. (Skipped "Crank" thanks to TBR's recommendation or lack thereof). I love just about any sports biopic, but this was really well done. Truly inspired casting with Greg Kinnear playing Dick Vermeil. I don't know who could have done the part. Great film work for the football scenes. Not over the top, nausea inducing handycam of "Any Given Sunday", nor slow motion staged schlock of "Remember the Titans". The only disconnect was in the soundtrack thanks to the period piece. Watching a football scene without AC/DC Thunderstruck seemed an anathema to my being, but I digress.

Fall League for Ultimate starts tomorrow and Public News Team will take the field. BK and I put a team together that will be both fun and competitive. We'll see.

OSU v. Texas tomorrow night, so I'll probably be locked in our place with just the Monster as company. (I like to be alone for big games, but I may go to R.W.I.P. for 54" HD goodness). The Wife tries to stay away when it is a big game. Can't say I blame her, but I do feel sorry for the Monster she doesn't always know why Daddy is yelling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home