7/15/2006

Left, Right, Center

And I quote my friend the Burke, "Indigo Girls? Seriously? I can't tell you how shocked I am that you're apparently willingly attending an Indigo Girls concert. Shit, next thing you know, you'll be voting democratic." I should note that I am writing this as I watch the women's US national soccer team play the Swedes. I'd make a comment about the Swedish national team, but it is really too easy. Yes, it's true the Wife and I had date night and attended the Indigo Girls at Ravinia. First, I like the Indigo Girls. I have seen them before in concert and they put on a great show. Second, I love Ravinia. See a show, sit on a blanket, eat food you brought and throw down wine, what's better. (Big props to my boy EA for hooking us up with his picnic backpack, an indispensable piece of Ravinia equipment). Third, say what you want to about those that pursue an alternative lifestyle but the Indigo Girls fan base can only be described as rabid. These three things make for a perfect show. Good band, good vino and good crowd. Comment of the night by the wife, "Wow it is not everyday you see hot lesbians making out."

One thing of note is that Ravinia has changed in the past couple years. It use to be the people with the Radio Flyer liquor wagon were the best provisioned. Now it seems everyone brings small tables, chairs ((Really annoying to me, what the hell is the point of picnicking (I think I made up this word) if you are using chairs and a table) and buffet tables)).

Slight break in the action(Saturday night). This post is now written over two days. The Wife and I went and saw Superman Returns last night. Pretty good. Great summer flick. I am going to limit any further comments so as to not ruin the viewing for other people. For the record, John Williams should score every movie.

Met the Burkes (including some extended Burkes) at Fado's last night. I have not been there in awhile, but let me say that if you are single and looking to mingle great place. Fun time all in all. Now we are nesting in the A/C and watching Season 1 of 24.

Oh, and the title refers to a drinking//gambling game involving dice being played by a group a couple blankets over at Ravinia. Not really sure how it is played. If you know let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home