7/23/2006

Fanboy

Depsite EA's claim (while we were using the chat function of gmail, no less) going to the Clerks II showing at 11:20 on Saturday morning by myself is a pretty blatant airing of my fanboy flag. It's ok, I accept and move on. The Wife was at a conference so I had the time and I of course was up. Fun way to see the film with the other soul surfers. (When you can quote Swayze, you quote Swayze). Anyhow the Webster Place theatre was surprisingly full for a Saturday mid-morning. A great deal of solo guys mostly in jeans and black t-shirts, shoulder bags with pins and hip plastic glasses.

Not really my crowd except there we all were collected in a dark room to see the latest installment by Kevin Smith. I like Smith's films. Sure he's not a great cinematographer, mostly slow pans and one camera straight on shots, nothing extraordinary. Of course, Smith admits this in the commentary tracks of his dvd's. If you haven't listened to these, they are a must. (Worth it just for Affleck trash talk, "Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"). Joel Siegal being grossed out, aside there was only one point where the movie hit my gag reflex. The Smith interview on Opie and Anothy where they call Siegal is pretty damn funny in its own right. (I particularly like how Smith calls everyone, sir).

Rest of the movie was typical Smith film with rauchy/funny dialogue covering up what is a pretty sappy love story about possible unrequited love. Good stuff.

Last night BBQ with the BR's. TBR grilled a whole fish, head included, for M the zookeeper. Nothing like making your lady work for her meal. (Comment of the evening by TBR, "So there may be some little bones in there" said while the fish's eye stares blankly at M). Fun times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home