8/22/2006

A Walk In The Woods

Long time no post. This is what happens when you take a week in the woods of Northern Michigan in a cottage with no internet. I can not think of the last time I was somewhere where WiFi was not readily available. I have to say I kind of liked it. Now don't get me wrong I am not going to go to a pond and suck the marrow out of life or take my wooden shoes and throw them into the gears of a machine, but it is nice to take a week off the grid.

Leading up to the week in Michigan we spent a weekend in Tarrytown, New York for a wedding. Again, a lovely wedding in a great location, but of course we had travel problems thanks to our leaving on the Thursday of the terrorist scare and a cab driver who didn't know where the hell he was going. I am going to leave that story for the Wife because she is still angry about it. (At one point I was yelling "Everyone stop talking" and I think it was the first time the doorman at the hotel saw a NY cabbie not get paid). Outside of the travel issues we had a great time. The weekend included a trip out to Connecticut to a BBQ at one the Wife's grad school friend's house and seeing babies. I fell asleep with one the babies thanks to a mobile that also played a background of waves crashing against a beach at the same time. I am thinking about getting an adult sized one to battle my occasional bouts of insomnia.

Michigan was a great time. Marla learned to use her hind legs while swimming. We had to steer her back to shore a couple of times otherwise she would have ended up in the boat traffic. She also got to run through the woods and up and down hills which she loves. Her coat is the perfect woodlands camouflage.

The Wife also had possibly her last waterski run. Don't get me wrong she is fantastic up on one ski slaloming across wake, the whole thing. Of course, she couldn't walk the next day and may need PT for her back. The only drawback was a trip to the driving range by myself. (Nice range, real grass off a raised tee box, but I really need some lessons).

Expect the Wife to post more later, I'm off to the Real World Irving Park tonight for dinner with BK and EA.

1 Comments:

Blogger ea said...

I would love to see the beast bounding through the woodlands. She'd be fun to play with in there.

8/22/2006 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home