11/12/2006

"Get 'em Boys!!!"

Blah, blah and Blah!!! I know I said I would update more, I lied. The Wife is 20&10. There was a full week of celebrations. Dinner at Wildfire, Coast, Jinju and People's Lounge.(I didn't go to Peoples). Meals were had with in-laws and the Wife's grad school friends from Boston. All in all a great time.

Oh, also saw "The Last King of Scotland" great film with EA. Forrest Whittaker gave a tour de force performance that should net him an Oscar. Has anyone had an odder career in Hollywood? Just answered my own question when Ron Livingston appeared on a Sprint/Nextel commercial. One thing of note for the squeamish, the movie includes the second most disturbing scene I have ever seen in a film, however I think it added to the story so the disgust was worth the emotional impact. (And no #1 is not "The Crying Game" although it would be apropos. Instead, #1 goes to Bjork in Dancers in the Dark. I actually, had to call EA((saw it with him))from the bus on the way home to discuss. That bad. Nightmares for a week. Great film and necessary viewing for advocates of capital punishment.)

Now, regarding the title. Last night dinner at Jinju(Good, kind of trendy Korean BBQ; personally I prefer the sketchy place I go when only accompanied with someone that speaks Korean ((Shout out, to Mina)). BK, what's the name?) Really didn't mind anything after second giant glass of Soju. Anyhow, we attempted to get drinks afterwards at several bars, but either crowded or smokey. (I can't wait for Chicago to catch up and ban all smoking in all bars). Anyhow, ended up at Marty's in Andersonville. I then had a Banky moment from Chasing Amy, but in reverse. I walked in with four women and one other guy. We increased the total number of women in the bar by four. So no smoking, but super small bar. A lot of men drinking cosmos. You get the idea. Comedy ensued as we made friendsies. (I apparently have a cute nose, who knew). For whatever reason, all I could think of was the end of "Blazing Saddles" when the cowboys started a fight with the dancers in top hats. Not entirely sure why. For the record, Marty's; no smoking, Woodford Reserve Bourbon and close to friends house. In the words of McArthur, "I shall return."

Final notes:
1)Alec Baldwin should be required to Host SNL once a month;
2)The Bears rule; and
3) I will be in Columbus next weekend for the game, please forward all communications to the Franklin County Correctional Department.

2 Comments:

Blogger ea said...

Couple of things. I don't remember a phone call to discuss the disturbing nature of the scene in question.

And why is it we've seen the 2 most disturbing scenes in movies together? Strange.

Anyway, it's too bad I had to drive when I went to Jin Ju with my parents. I couldn't hit the Soju up myself.

11/13/2006 08:33:00 AM  
Blogger pbgipper said...

Statistically, I have seen more movies with you than anyone else, except maybe BK. Also, you are usually, up for watching movies further off the radar then the Wife or BK, hence the strangest scenes. It doesn't hurt that you live near the Duke and the Landmark. I definitely remember calling because I was at the Clark & Division bus stop waiting to ride through the Green.

Sorry we missed you at Jin Ju would have been funny.

11/13/2006 08:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home