3/15/2007

A rose by any other name...

On this, the holiest of holies for sports fans, I can only be a little sad. Despite OSU's 21 point thumping of the nutmeggers, (CT is the nutmeg state, thanks CBR) I am distraught. Pete Rose announced he bet on the Reds not occasionally, but every night. A part of me died. I always argued that Charlie Hustle never gambled because he had no reason to add to his bank and there is plenty of other stuff to gamble on. (To be honest I have argued far worse, the pulling the knife out with her teeth comes to mind). Now he admits to gambling in a vain attempt to make the hall. (Something that should have happened along time ago). Regardless of my broken heart, 4192 is still 4192, and everyone knows, as an exmaple, Cobb was way worse.

My point is not Rose's Hall eligibility, but more that all of my childhood gods have feet of clay. We spend so much of our time worshiping our heroes for them to only let us down in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home