6/21/2006

The Legendary Pat Riley

I'll be the first to admit that I love the NBA, as long as the game is in the fourth quarter. Last night was no exception. EA and I went to the Duke of Perth for dinner and after a quick stop for supplies at Binny's entered the Fortress of Solitude. EA is the proud owner of Knockaround Guys. Made by the same guys who made Rounders. Before starting the movie we caught Mark Cuban's pre-game interview given while, I think, he was working out on an eliptical machine and reading his email. (He couldn't get off the machine and focus for the interview, weird). So far so good. Back to the movie. The cast was great. Dennis Hopper, Vin Diesel, Seth Green (who I think is hilarious) and John Malkovich playing another guy named Teddy, etc... Overall, a great movie with some great lines. (It also featured handball, love handball). Only two drawbacks. First, Malkovich played his character with this weird accent that could not be placed. Second, come on and cap some already. (This will make sense when you see the movie).

Left the Fortress at the end of halftime when the movie was over. Listened to the third quarter in the car. Took the monster out. Finaly, on the couch and ready to focus on the game with eight minutes left and the game tied. Perfection.

The Heat took the title last night, however I didn't care who won because either way you were going to have GP and Shaq or Mark Cuban giving celebratory interviews. The interviews have actually been pretty tame, except for Shaq guranteeing a title defense next year. (Fine by me, that way when Wade's contract is up he'll move home and get a title for the Bulls). We also found out the covered object in the Heat locker room was not in fact Stan Van Gundy dressed as the gimp. (I know everyone is making this joke, but come on). Instead, the hole shaped as the NBA trophy contains playing cards emblazoned with "15 strong". I am sure Stephen A. Smith will somehow suck up to someone to actually get in the locker room and show us in detail. I hate Stepen A. Smith. Possibly, the worst sportscaster ever. (I may have to write a whole post on how much I hate this guy).

Now nothing to look forward to on the sports front until football starts, unless there is a Red's October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home