6/20/2006

This Can't Go On...

I played in possibly the longest summer league game ever last night. Unfortunately, Team Kablooey came away with an 11-8 loss in a capped game. The wind was blowing just enough to cause problems for both sides. You know the type of wind where zone against a summer league team kind of works, but allows the better throwers to pick apart the d with little effort, but if anyone rushes a throw the disc does crazy stuff. Oh, and a serious case of the dropsies by the downfield cutters did not help. Kablooey, could not keep up once the opposition switched to man. (Meaning I had to start running, pulled quad and all). The highpoint for Kablooey was that our women caught at least five of the scores. Including, a score by my professional buddy. She who always signs up as my buddy for league play. I think a fun time was had by all, but it is hard to keep team morale up when you are playing zone in league because less experienced players see so little of the disc and sometimes take issue with the tactial punt.

I managed to get a ride back to the 'hood with the Bagel Brothers and Zelda laying across my lap in the back seat. Grabbed some free 'za and chatted with miss casual and ms. ultimate over a von awesome. All in all, a normal summer Monday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home